CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, February 8, 2010

My Better Half

Meet my husband, Jeremy Messer. I thought I would tell you a story about how I met my husband.

I guess that you can say that when I was a teenager I was a little bit of a rebel. At least that is what my mom would tell you since I almost drove her over the deep end with worry!!! Little did my mother or me for that matter know that the very thing that she kept telling me was going to get me in trouble and leave her setting in the nut house would be the very thing that made me run into the love of my life. You see when I was a teenager I thought that I was indestructible, staying out all hours of the night with different people, not ever getting in trouble (or at least never getting caught) but I thought that the world owed me something and that I was in charge.

So one of the many nights that I went out cruising Patton, which was this strip in Asheville where people use to go ride around in circles looking for parties, friends, and a good time. Well that night I did not run into anyone that I knew and I had a boyfriend that was at work so me and my friend just decided to go home. We went through Wendy's and got a frosty and hit the interstate. Well all of a sudden there was this big black truck that pulled up beside of us and my friends says "hey there's those guys off of Patton catch them." So here I go in my little 4 cylinder cavalier chasing a v8 truck of some sort. Needless to say I caught up with them honked the horn a couple times waved and went on about my business. Well a few yards later that truck catches back up to me and the passinger is hanging out the window screaming "what did you want" so I motioned for them to follow me. They followed me to the next exit where we stopped at a gas station and talked till 2 in the morning.




The next day was Saturday and I had tried all day to get ahold of Jeremy but failed until I had finally given up and went out with my boyfriend to eat. We barley get set down at the table and my phone rings. Well it was Jeremy and he tells me that he had been hunting all day and that he was sorry that he missed my calls. He then ask me if I wanted to get together the next day for a double date and of course I agreed.


So the next day I was waiting on him to call and after about 1 I decided that he was going to stand me up so what did I do I proceeded on to Ryans in Asheville with my boyfriend and what happens Jeremy calls right in the middle of the lunch so I told my boyfriend that I needed to get home and cut the lunch date short.
Needless to say I fell in love with Jeremy the moment that I laid eyes on him. I had told my friend the night that we met them on the interstate when he stepped out of the truck that I would marry him one day.




Eleven months later we were married and now almost 7 years later we are still together and stronger than ever he is the love of my life. And if I had not been on what I like to call "an adventurous spree" I probably would have never had the guts to meet someone on the interstate!!!
So sorry for driving you crazy mom but I don't regret it that's for sure!!!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment