CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Every Girl Needs A BEST Friend

Everyone meet my best friend Val........... Just kidding here she is.....
Me and Val were introduced by my husband. Her and Jeremy have hunted together for years, so when me and Jeremy got married and hunting season rolled around she told him to invite me so that she would not be the only girl around.


Val is the God-mother to my child and me and her have been though so much together from peeing behind a bush on the side of the road, to me holding her hand when she found out that she had miscarried her first child. There have been times when things have been going so wrong that I just did not think that I could get through it and all I have to do is pick up the phone and call her and she knows just what to say!!!!
Val ask me to be the maid of honor in her wedding last year and I was so honored. We did everything together for that wedding from setting on my couch drawing up plans to standing up for her dreams the day before the wedding when it was raining and everyone had lost hope in the outdoor wedding.
I had to give a toast in her wedding and by the time I was done there was not a dry eye in the crowd, so I thought I would post it:
The first time I met Val she pissed me off. You see me and Jeremy had not been dating long and we had decided to go bowling, when all of a sudden I turn around and Jeremy is standing there talking to this beautiful girl. Little did I know that almost 7 years later that girl would love and trust me enough to ask me to be the made of honor in her wedding.
The first time I met Richard I never imagined we would be standing here today. Don't get me wrong he was a nice guy and all he is just not the type of guy that I pictured Val marring. I mean this is the girl that taught me how to take care of ten men at hunting camp while still managing to take care of myself, she is what women that taught me how to pee outside for crying out loud, she taught me how to make due in the woods with no running water for days at a time. So when I met Richard and he was somewhat of a "pretty boy" I thought this was just a phase, he will never make it thought the first hunting season.
Well here we are and Richard is fixing to enter his 4th hunting season with Val and I could not picture her with anyone else. I have watched them grow from friends that worked together, to a couple that I did not believe in, to a love that is so strong you can feel it when you walk in the room.
So Val and Richard here is to yall, may your wedding be one of your dreams and your marriage be one that most dream of!!!!!!
The wedding went beautifully the rain quite and she got the outdoor wedding that we had dreamed of.



So needless to say I think that every girl should have a Val, someone that you can tell ANYTHING and you know it is safe with her, one that will hold your had when you get bad news and laugh until it hurts with, one that is different than a sister, and more than a friend but yet both all rolled up into someone that you love.





Love you girl!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. so glad you have someone you can turn to. val is a great girl! i love you sis, couldn't be prouder of who you've become

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Val for always being there for my baby! I love you girl!

    ReplyDelete